Projects of the Year Awards
There is a standard packet available from SICBA that is very simple to use and makes the submissions uniform in appearance. There are many different categories from small to large commercial and residential for both counties. There is one overall Project of the Year award that will be presented to the one chosen from all the entries. All selections will be made by an unbiased group from another of the state associations – judging is not done in-house.
The only requirement is that the project must have been completed by December 31 of last year. It does NOT matter when it was started. The cost of submittal is $45 for each project. This helps offset SICBA’s costs of making sure the program is properly administered.
Call the SICBA office at 757-6916 or 1-888-497-4222 to request a packet.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE IN THE SICBA OFFICE NOT LATER THAN MARCH 31st of this year IN ORDER TO HAVE TIME FOR MAIL SERVICE AND JUDGING BY ANOTHER ASSOCIATION.
SUBMISSIONS MUST BE IN THE FORMAT SPECIFIED BY THE COVER LETTER FOR STANDARDIZATION AND CONTINUITY.
CATEGORIES: Project completed by December 31, 2016. (Regardless of start date)
Entries are for Island and Skagit Counties separately.
The Grand Prize selected from winners of all categories in both counties inclusive.
- Commercial New Construction
- Commercial Remodel
- Single Family Residential 0 - 1999 square feet.
- Single Family Residential 2000 - 3000 square feet.
- Single Family Residential 3001 square feet and above.
- Residential Remodel
- Multi Family Residential up to 9 units.
- Multi Family Residential 10 and more units.
- Accessory Building 0 – 1999 square feet.
- Accessory Building 2000 square feet and above.
- Energy Efficiency and/or Built Green®
- Site Improvement/Landscaping/Outdoor Structure
- Specialty Contractor contribution to overall project. (Must be nominated by the General Contractor)
GRAND PRIZE FOR OVERALL PROJECT OF THE YEAR
- SICBA member in good standing.
- Building design.
- Area enhancement (neighborhood contribution/landscaping).
- Submission to the SICBA office by March 31, 2017.
- Awards will be presented at the May 2017 SICBA Awards Dinner.
CLICK HERE to download Project of the Year Application