CODE OF ETHICS
Members of the Skagit/Island Counties Builders Association believe and affirm that:
- Home ownership can and should be within reach of every American family.
- American homes should be well designed, well constructed and well located in attractive communities with educational, recreational, religious, and shopping facilities accessible to all.
- American homes should be built under the free American enterprise system.
To achieve these goals, we pledge allegiance to the following principles and policies:
- Our paramount responsibility is to our customer, and our community and county.
- Honesty is our guiding business policy.
- High standards of health, safety, and sanitation shall be built into every home.
- Members shall deal fairly with their respective employees, sub-contractors and Suppliers.
- All members ascribe to the view that alleged misconduct of an Association member shall be investigated by an Association Committee.
- As member of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment and improved methods of home financing, to the end that every home purchaser may get the greatest value possible for every dollar.
- All sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed and vigorous support.
- We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American Way of Life. We pledge our support of our associates, our Local, State, and National Associations and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are a part of our obligation as members of the Skagit/Island Counties Builders Association.