Mortgage Loan Officer AssistantBay Equity Home Loans
We are a top-producing mortgage office in the northwest corner of Washington State that offers its employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), vacation and sick benefits.
This is the perfect position for the someone who loves working on the loan but doesn’t like to “go get new business”. This will be an hourly position with an override, so you won’t need to wonder about the next commission deal. If your passion is putting together excellent files and getting them to closing quickly and efficiently, and you would prefer to not be the rainmaker, then this is the role for you!
You may have felt like a “square peg” being forced into round “sales” hole and you may have been disillusioned and considered quitting the industry. In fact, there has never been a place for a someone who was good at working files but didn’t like selling ...until now.Responsibilities
- Establish relationships with referral partners and borrowers
- Facilitate the completion of loan applications (digital/phone/in-person).
- Pull analyze credit
- Review income asset documents
- Calculate income
- Run DU/LP/GUS
- Understand how to research and structure a loan
- Help gather and prepare all documents needed for underwriting requirements
- Be current on mortgage loan products (Conv/FHA/VA/USDA) procedures and documentation
- Quote lock rates
- Prepare disclosures
- Communicate incredibly with both borrowers and Realtors
- Be the main point of contact for borrowers during the "contact to contract" phase of the loan process (Processor handles "contract to close" duties on LIVE files)
- Submit detailed and accurate application packages directly to underwriting for upfront TBD approvals
- Create ways to communicate daily with Sr. Loan Officers, Processor, Operations staff, Realtors, etc.
- Prepare time clock: Prioritize and determine what needs to be done and when
- Help clear conditions when needed
- Put out loan "fires" whenever possible
- Be a sponge for information/knowledge, always striving to be the best possible at your position.
- Be a leader, helping us improve our processes and procedures to always deliver a world-class experience to our clients and referral partners
You must have a current MLO License and have at least two years professional office experience and one year of mortgage experience (5+ years preferred). This position is a full-time position and can be either in-office or remote.
Only apply if you want to be part of a fast-growing team who really cares about their clients.Compensation$75,000 - $90,000+ per year including overrideAbout Bay Equity Home Loans
Bay Equity Home Loans is a family-owned mortgage firm that prides itself on placing the customer first.
Our team continually receives 5-star reviews from our clients and industry partners for our excellent communications and customer service.